Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Doogie???

Washington Post, Monday, November 6, 2006; Page C03

Doogie Howser is gay -- and he wants to quash recent reports that he has denied it. Neil Patrick Harris, 33, recently told People magazine: "The public eye has always been kind to me and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships. So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."…

Do we really need to know when an actor is gay? Are there actors anywhere coming out in the news saying, “I am a very content straight man living life to the fullest.” I know this story hasn’t made big headlines, but did it need to make any headlines at all?

4 Comments:

Blogger Alec said...

You hear about it all the time. Actors date and proclaim their heterosexual lifestyle 24/7. But for some reason, it is improper for a gay actor to set the record straight, no pun intended.

Thanks for the Senate, btw.

Wed Nov 08, 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Rogue Mariner said...

Well he'd better not come to Virginia...cuz that thur is wrong! It probably didn't need to be a headline of any sort. I think it's sad that anyones sexual preference has to be "news." So Doogie is gay...he's still actually, quite a good actor.

Thu Nov 09, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Vulgorilla said...

"Doggie" Howser? One can only guess where the name "Doggie" came from given the context of this blog post.

Mon Nov 13, 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suppose that it was heterosexuals that were stigmatized in our society. Suppose that when a heterosexual man or woman said "Hey, I'm heterosexual, and despite what you hear about heteros all being self-loathing failures ashamed of what they feel, I'm successful and happy," gay bigots who didn't want to believe that heteros could be happy or successful tried to spread rumors that that person was actually gay and therefore normal.

Would you deny that heterosexual the opportunity to set the record straight? Tell them "oh no, it's okay for others to spread lies about your sexual preference, but it's unseemly for you to set the record straight"?

Sun Apr 05, 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home