Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Monday, October 09, 2006

1 in 16

I don’t know if I have talked about this before, or if it was just something that came to me today, but as the US population reaches 300 million, I thought about those not counted in that 300 million. The US government has no idea how many illegal immigrants are in this country. Estimates show that the Simpson-Mazzoli Act of 1986 granted amnesty to nearly 5 million illegals, and we know that estimates show that for every 1 million illegals caught by the Border Patrol and INS/ICE, about twice that number find their way into the country. I have heard estimates that there are between 12 and 20 million illegals here now, even though 2 million a year over 20 years would be 40 million. But, let’s say the 20 million number is correct. So right now there are 300 million US citizens living in this country and 20 million illegals. That comes out to 1 in every 16. That’s right, 1 in every 16 people living in this country right now is an illegal immigrant. But, even that number is misleading because 1 in 16 would mean there is an even distribution of illegal immigrants throughout the country, there isn’t. Some areas have any even higher proportion of illegal to legal.
So think about that number the next time you venture out of your home. 1 in 16, 1 in every 16 people use see is in this country illegally.
That is a damn shame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Truth-Pain said...

I think the comment you left at QD's was right on as far as going after the businesses and a 51-foot ladder would not be needed. Man I am burned out on this subject yet am so sure it is THE issue of my time. The country is changing in its socio-economic make-up,... and I happen to think the way it is changing is not in line with what we were, are and could be.

Mon Oct 09, 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

The wall was the first step.
Hey, I don’t think the Republicans have done many great things in their 12 year control of Congress, and there is a lot that I disagree with. But, if the Democrats get control over both Houses in November, they will pass an amnesty bill and you are right, this country will be in even worse shape that it is in now.
Republicans are only going to win this election on immigration. Otherwise the very nature of our country is going to change and it will be impossible to stop. The point of being able to do anything is either right now, or it has already passed. We either go down with the ship, or we start to fix the leaks. The Democrats are the iceberg, and if they win in November, the US is the Titanic.

Mon Oct 09, 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home