Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Senator Barack Obama

Can someone explain to me this fascination with Barack Obama. I saw his speech two years ago at the Democratic National Convention before he was elected for Senator, and I understand he is a great public speaker. But, why is anyone seriously talking about him running for President in two years before he even serves one full term as a Senator? I know he is a graduate of Harvard Law, and don’t get me wrong, I would like to see another Irish Senator become President. But, shouldn’t someone have more political experience on a national level than four years as a Senator?

2 Comments:

Blogger quakerdave said...

Let him finish his term, then run for governor, then the White House.

Why all the hub-bub? Because he's young, smart, attractive, charismatic, not afraid to talk about his faith, has a great back-story, no baggage (that we know of), and doesn't usually talk a snarky, nasty political line.

And 'cause the Democrats bring nothing more than Hillary to the table..

Sun Oct 01, 01:05:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

Your description could fit almost anyone under the age of 50. I thought you were talking about me there. But, the only difference is that Obama has been a senator for almost two years. That doesn’t make him Presidential ready.

Sun Oct 01, 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home