Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Help

Can someone please explain to me how the hell you make a Youtube video post? I have made one, and I can’t seem to do it again.
Do you upload a photo with the URL, and if so which tag from YouTube do you use, or do you use the html option?
I know some of you use YouTube videos so I know someone must know how to do it.

4 Comments:

Blogger quakerdave said...

Know first that not all YouTube video postings can be pasted into a blog.

- Go to the YouTube page of the video you want to post. Look to the right of the video, for a box that says "EMBED." Highlight and "copy" that text.

- Open your new blank post. On blogger, you can either use "Compose" or "Edit HTML." Use the "Edit HTML" option.

- Paste the copied "Embed" text into the blank post box. You can then switch over to "Compose" to add text to your post.

- Note that sometimes, you might get a message that says you can't use the embedded text because something isn't closed or whatever, but usually, when I check the box that allows me to ignore that, it posts just fine.

- Send me an email and let me know how you make out!

Thu Sep 28, 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

QD, I did have to click the ignore box. I think that might have been the problem. But, I think it worked. Thanks again.

Fri Sep 29, 02:47:00 AM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

Anything to help my favorite reactionary wingnut!

;-)

Fri Sep 29, 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Well I can say, I am still not exactly sure how I got it to work, but I did. I might have to review your post again the next time I want to post a YouTube video.

Fri Sep 29, 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home