Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Friday, September 29, 2006

Glenn Beck


I am sorry to admit that I once listened to Glenn Beck’s radio program. I worked in an area that did not have O’Reilly and the other people in the office would only let me listen to Rush once a week.
I happened upon his show tonight as I was flipping through channels and stopped on his show on CNN Headline News. I am not sure what the story was or who he was talking to when he made the admission of something like, I was an alcoholic and addicted to drugs and used cocaine.
Why is it that so many conservative commentators get divorced and do drugs? I am no perfect conservative myself, but the whole do as I say, don’t do as I do thing is a bit hypocritical. And why are all “conservative leaders” with the exceptions of Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter all old white mostly bald guys?
I mean I like Pat Buchanan and Bill O’Reilly, they are both conservative Irishmen, but can’t they find someone under the age of 50? If anyone saw Buchanan on The Daily Show this week, you saw someone who is passionate about a subject, illegal immigration, but his message was lost because he just can not relate to the under 30 crowd. And when he made a good point about being concerned about coyotes along the border, and smuggling illegals across, you could tell Stewart thought he meant the animal and not the person. Stewart laughed because he thought the comment was ridiculous and then Buchanan laughed because he thought Stewart found him funny.
Conservative commentators really are an old boys club, but they better start letting in some new members or their club is going to close for lack of membership.

4 Comments:

Blogger WayneDawg said...

Good point. Maybe it's because there are few credible, thinnking conservatives under the age of 30.

Maybe the old saying is true....

If your not a liberal when your young it's because you have no heart. If your not a conservative when your older it's because you have no brain.

Sat Sep 30, 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

Beck was one of our local Limbaugh wannabe twits for years. Now you all get to share in his nincompoopery.

Lucky you.

btw, 48 year old liberal here, and my brain is just fine, thanks.

Sat Sep 30, 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Waynedawg, then I have no heart because I have never been a liberal.

QD, I still don’t think his radio program broadcasts in the DC area, or at least I have not heard it. But, I do know they have given him his own show on CNN Headline News now.

Sat Sep 30, 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous spotz said...

Hold up.
Your premise is wrong. It's because they are old drug addicts that they're conservative. I think it has something to do with living in a paranoid fantasy world. Say, wasn't our Dear Leader a drunk cokehead?
Most of the time I like Buchannan. He makes some valid points and keeps to the issues. So there.

Sun Oct 08, 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home