Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

And the Truth shall…

Materazzi Insulted Zidane's Sister

By Associated Press, Tue Sep 5, 2006

ROME - Italy's Marco Materazzi said he insulted Zinedine Zidane's sister, revealing nearly two months after the World Cup final what provoked the French star to head-butt him in the chest.
In Tuesday's interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport, Materazzi disclosed that after he held his opponent's shirt, Zidane said: "If you want, I'll give you the jersey later."
"I responded that I preferred his sister, it's true," Materazzi said. "It wasn't something nice, true. But luckily there have been dozens of players who have confirmed that a lot worse things are said on the field."
Zidane was sent off after receiving a red card for the head-butt. Italy went on to win on penalty kicks.
Materazzi received a two-game ban for the July 9 incident and will miss Wednesday's rematch of the final, a 2008 European Championship qualifier. Zidane received a three-match suspension, but he retired after the World Cup…
Asked if the two could make peace, Materazzi said: "You sign a peace (agreement) after terrible wars, so why can't Zidane and I make peace?
"A peace among men, without a lot of publicity. The door to my house will always be open for that. And if Zidane wants, he knows where to find my address."…

5 Comments:

Blogger Rogue Mariner said...

Sounds like Zidane had his sensitive panties on that day.

Wed Sep 06, 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

Search under "Materazzi" on YouTube.

No, Zidane should never have done what he did. But this mutt is the dirtiest player in football.

Wed Sep 06, 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

QD? A mutt? That would be a derogatory description for a white person of numerous European backgrounds. Why not just call him a macaca?

Wed Sep 06, 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

Actually, I take that back. I have always owned mutts as pets, and they're always good, loyal, smart, friendly, happy dogs.

Calling this dirty sod a "mutt" is an insult to pooches everywhere.

Tue Sep 12, 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Yeah but I got you. And making a comment about someone’s sister is not all that bad. I have been on the basketball court where guys have said things horrible enough to make you want to head butt them, but you know they are saying it so you will do something stupid or so it will throw you off your game. That sadly is sports, but it is a big part of sports. What this guy did was no different. But you still called him a mutt.

Wed Sep 13, 01:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home