Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Monday, August 28, 2006

You Dumb Polack!


From the Washington Post (Sunday, August 27, 2006; D03)

Reiner's Advice for Gibson

According to director Rob Reiner , Mel Gibson's apology for making drunken anti-Semitic remarks doesn't quite cut it.
Gibson needs to admit that "his work reflects anti-Semitism," particularly his movie "The Passion of the Christ," Reiner told Associated Press Radio.
"When he comes to the understanding that he has done that, and can come out and say, you know, 'My views have been reflected in my work and I feel bad that I've done that,' then that will be the beginning of some reconciliation for him," Reiner said.
The film's critics have said Gibson's movie represented Jews as evil, while fans said the film was simply being true to the Gospel portrayals of the events leading up to Jesus's arrest and crucifixion…
Reiner said he feels that Gibson also has some "major soul-searching" to do before he can truly redeem himself.
"It's not a matter of just apologizing for some words you've said," said Reiner, who is Jewish. "It's to really understand why it is you're anti-Semitic and where those feelings came from."
"I believe that people can be redeemed and people can change, but that's going to be a very long process," he added.


It has now been more than a month; the horse Reiner is beating here isn’t going to get any deader.

1 Comments:

Blogger Publius said...

It is sad but I had to look up how to spell Polack.

Wed Aug 30, 04:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home