Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Water is bad for you

I love this; it is from the Washington Post.

Anne Arundel County Health Department officials urged swimmers, water-skiers and other water enthusiasts yesterday to avoid direct water contact at the east and south beaches of Sandy Point State Park in Annapolis.
The Agency found high levels of bacteria in water samples collected Saturday and will keep the advisory in place until further notice. The advisory does not extend to picnicking and boating activities at the beaches.
Those who come in contact with the water should immediately wash with soap and warm water, and fish and crabs should be cooked properly to kill bacteria, officials said.
This is the second advisory for the two Sandy Point beaches in the past two weeks (Washington Post, August 14, 2006, B3).

My question is, if the water is so bad that you should not even touch it, then why would you fish in the same water, and how do you go boating and catch a fish in that water and yet never touch the water? Here is an idea, don’t go near the damn beach!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

What, is there a toxic waste dump under there?

I'll bet it's filthy all the time anyway... They just happened to test it and found that out!

Tue Aug 15, 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I have never been there so I don’t know, but I just can’t imagine why anyone would get near the water though.

Wed Aug 16, 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home