Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

There are no Peanuts in Nevada

According to the Washington Post:

Jack Carter, the son of former President Jimmy Carter, won the Democratic senatorial nomination Tuesday and will face Republican incumbent John Ensign in November (Washington Post, August 16, 2006, A2).

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

*rolls eyes*

I bet the peanut doesn't fall far from the tree...

Thu Aug 17, 03:46:00 PM  
Blogger Rogue Mariner said...

Ummm, so what? A lot of politicians have sons and daughters who follow in their footsteps, seems to be a bit of a trend. Yes, Jimmy Carters term wasn't exactly one of the best ever logged by a President, but he's done quite a bit of good since. Leave the poor man alone. And as no one else has done it yet, which astounds me, let's all get together for a "Billy Beer" and have some laughs!

Fri Aug 18, 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Well one of the parts that I left out was that ol Jack has only been in Nevada for a few years and mostly running a company. I just don’t like the aristocracy leadership anymore. I might have been ok with it say a little less than 2 years ago, but I am done now.

Sat Aug 19, 01:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home