Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

But the drugs aren’t coming over the Mexican border

From the Washington Post:

Federal agents arrested more than 130 alleged drug traffickers in 15 cities, from Charleston, S.C. to Los Angeles, who U.S. officials said smuggled heroin from Mexico and offered phone-in home delivery like that provided by pizza shops (The Washington Post, August 16, 2006, A6).

4 Comments:

Blogger betmo said...

i'll bet that they will have a hell of a direct route on the nasco highway :)

Thu Aug 17, 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

... and did you see the story this week about how Afghanistan's opium harvest will be the biggest in anyone's memory? You remember Afghanistan. The country we "freed"? Where Osama used to live? You remember HIM, right?

Fri Aug 18, 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

QD, I don’t know if the harvest this year will be bigger than any in recent memory, but I do think that I read not to long ago that something like 80% of the world’s opium in now grown in Afghanistan. I can’t explain this one. I can’t believe the US or Afghan government can’t spray these plants and wipe out the crops. Even if they have to use Napalm or Agent Orange or something, there must be some spray they can use to destroy the crop.
But, even so, that opium is still coming to the US threw Mexico. It doesn’t matter how much they grow if it can’t get here.

Sat Aug 19, 01:16:00 AM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

Check the AP story I linked to over at my place.

Sat Aug 19, 11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home