Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

We would watch but there is nothing on

From the Washington Post Style Section (July 12, 2006, C7)

NBC's "America's Got Talent" was the only show last week to crack the 10-million-viewer mark…
TV viewing was down considerably during the July Fourth holiday week. The Associated Press reports that it was the least watched week in recorded history for the big four broadcast networks...

Well of course no one was watching TV, all there is on TV in the summer is reruns and junk. Two of last week’s top ten programs were “America’s Got Talent,” and Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance.” If there was anything on that we hadn’t already seen or if there was anything on that was any good we as Americans would be in front of our TVs and instead we are in front of our computers blogging.
Maybe it isn’t so bad after all then.

4 Comments:

Blogger betmo said...

some of us do both at the same time :) i agree though. i don't know why we got cable- except that my husband wanted it. i lived 33 years on the planet without it- and i am not addicted by any stretch. i would rather read or blog myself. i guess they figure that at any given time in the summer- people are active and on vacation. their loss.

Wed Jul 12, 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger betmo said...

thought that you would like this-

http://timetoo.blogspot.com/2006/07/
dobbs-bush-senate-lackeys-reach-new.html

Thu Jul 13, 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I want my 24 back!

Fri Jul 14, 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Personally, I would be happy for something to watch during the week that either was not some reality game show or a repeat. Although I am glad I have Deadwood on Sunday and Rescue Me on Tuesday.

Fri Jul 14, 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home