Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Now that it has been a few days

Ok it has been a few days since the North Korean missile firings so can we discuss why we really didn’t take these missile tests seriously? Could it partially be because the North Korean long-range missile that might be able to reach Alaska and the West Coast didn’t work and in fact fell into the water almost immediately after takeoff? OR…is it because their medium range missile with a range of 995 miles capable of hitting Japan is called the NODONG and the long-range missile with a range of 3,500 miles is called the TAEPODONG or pronounced No-Dong and Type-O-Dong.
This shows just how little North Korea understands the West, how are we not supposed to chuckle when we hear about Kim Il Jong’s No-dong and Type-o-dong? I was a bit concerned at the time when I heard about his missile aspirations but once I heard that the missile tests were a complete failure I went back to eating my Kum Pow Chicken from Fu King Gourmet.

You may have to say that last one out loud to get it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Publius said...

Come on, even the photo is funny and no one wants to comment?

Sat Jul 22, 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger Wadical said...

Yeah, I heard them big 'ol rockets "petered out" pretty quick. Ya' think they build them REEEAAALY BIG? You know....to compensate for their lack of.....AHEM.....performance?

Sat Jul 22, 05:33:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Well their most efficient missile was the Scud, which although it has the shortest range and is the smallest of their missiles, did test successfully.

Sat Jul 22, 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home