Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Thursday, July 27, 2006

‘N Sync member is Gay?


Lance Bass of ‘N Sync admits he is gay in this week’s People magazine. He admits he did not come out before because he was worried it would hurt the group’s popularity. He also admits he is in a serious relationship with Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race.”

From the Associated Press, Wednesday, July 26, 2006:

NEW YORK - Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine…

The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay…


I’m sorry, but I am on comment overload here. But I will say this, I find it funny that he thinks being gay might make us not like ‘N Sync. I didn’t like the “band” because they made awful music.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance is gay?! Next thing you know, Publius, you'll tell us you have some conservative leanings! Oh what is this world coming too?!?!

Thu Jul 27, 05:32:00 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

An N'Sync member gay?

Noooooo....... HAHAHAHAHAH!

Thu Jul 27, 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger WayneDawg said...

Now if the rest of the group will come out and admit it too, we can all cross that off our 'knew it' list.

Thu Jul 27, 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger mistyforeverlost said...

We are supposed to be shocked?

Thu Jul 27, 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Reading these comments I guess I can say it. I don’t think the shock was that one the guys in ‘N Sync was gay; the shock is that any of them are straight.
I like how he called his boyfriend an actor though even though he was on a reality TV show. And why are they going to try to make a TV pilot based on the odd couple? And why can I see like Fox or the WB picking the show up for a few episodes?

Thu Jul 27, 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger Max Atlas said...

Who is N Sync?

Fri Jul 28, 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Max Atlas said, Who is N Sync?

A band not worth listening to.

Fri Jul 28, 07:10:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

AOW, I think the problem is that we even consider the overproduced dribble that they called music a band. The other problem being that too many of us know who they are and who this kid is.

Fri Jul 28, 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home