Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Sunday, July 02, 2006

KFC Famous Bowls


I finally stopped in a KFC today and tried their new KFC Famous Bowl. I have been seeing the commercial for a few weeks now and decided it was time to finally stop in and try one. For those of you who don’t know, the KFC Famous Bowl consists of “creamy mashed potatoes, sweet kernel corn, bite size pieces of all-white meat crispy chicken, topped with our homestyle gravy and 3-cheese blend,” according to their website.

And I have to say, it tasted like creamy mashed potatoes and sweet kernel corn that had been regurgitated in a plastic bowl for me to eat. I added salt, and it still tasted like vomit. I added pepper, and it still tasted like vomit. Finally, I held my nose to get past the taste but the mushy, chucky, salty concoction still could not pass over my tongue without my mind thinking this should be going out not in.

Normally, I love the Colonel, I mean who doesn’t love Fried Chicken, but this was awful.

2 Comments:

Blogger betmo said...

i,myself, like to keep my foods separate. i saw it and on tv it looked good- except for the gravy- i don't dig the gravy. perhaps it was the gravy that put it over the edge? anyhoo- i am not brave enough to try it- so thanks for the head's up. :)

Sun Jul 02, 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

No Problem, it might have been the gravy; I will admit to not being much of a gravy fan myself, but I am not willing to try it again even without gravy.

Sun Jul 02, 10:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home