Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Colonial Powers




Germany, Italy, France, and Portugal are the final remaining teams in the World Cup.

Germany and Italy play this Tuesday, the 4th of July.

France having beaten World Cup Powerhouse Brazil plays Portugal this Wednesday. Remember Portugal’s coach, Luiz Felipe, led Brazil to the 2002 World Cup Victory and has yet to lose a World Cup game going back to 2002. Luiz Felipe Scolari is the Brazilian born son of Italian immigrants. Once this World Cup is over it is time for US soccer to seriously look at trying to land Scolari who is a bit of a free agent and has the type discipline that is so needed for team USA.

I don’t think there are many people who are not happy that Brazil is gone, it looked the refs were going to try to hand Brazil the game at the end there, but France prevailed and moves on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wadical said...

Thx for the visit to my humble site. Sorry, can't participate in the soccer talk, nothing would make me look more like an idiot...I know nothing of soccer.

But I managed to read a great deal of your site and am impressed. You write well. We agree on much. I shall visit again.

-Regards.

Sat Jul 01, 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I wonder if anyone else noticed that the French flag doesn’t do much compared to the other three. I did not pick it for this reason, but it seems appropriate. There are few countries in the world with a lazier culture than France.

Sat Jul 01, 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Wadical said...

Oh...the red white and blue one....yeah...I was looking for the all white one.

Sun Jul 02, 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

No, from what I understand France only brings that one out when they face Germany. Of course if Germany beats Italy on Tuesday and France gets by Portugal on Wednesday, then we will see if that flag comes out in the final.

Sun Jul 02, 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger quakerdave said...

Go Germany.

Go France.

Go France.

Mon Jul 03, 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

QD, don’t you think pretty much the whole world wants to see a Germany vs. France final for the World Cup? Can you fathom the national pride and all the old feelings that would be stirred up by that game? Each country would roll out the bones of the Kaiser and Napoleon to put along the sidelines just for that match.

Tue Jul 04, 08:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home