Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

USA World Cup Chant

The U.S. easily has the worst chant of any team in the World Cup to the point that most people don’t even know it.

Here is England’s:

I’m English ‘til I die
I’m English ‘til I die
We will win the World Cup
And the Germans will cry!
(Sports Illustrated, June 19, 2006).

Here is ours:

Our legs shall never tire!
Our hearts will see us through!
Goals! Goals! Goals!
For the red, white, and blue!
(Sports Illustrated, June 19, 2006).

It is so bad that Drew Carey and the Travel Channel are asking for people to submit their own USA chant and Drew will get the tailgating fans to sing the winning chant outside of soccer stadiums in Germany. Go to the Travel Channel website for more info:

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/drewcarey/videoupload/index.html?clik=fsmain_feat1

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was another good English chant that I heard a comedian talking about on Comedy Central once...each section took turns taunting the German fans with
"If you won the war STAND UP!"
Classic. Before the US can have a good chant, we'll probably need more than 17 people in the states to give a crap about soccer, er...football. Enjoy the game Dude, I wish I could watch it.
Here's my chant:
USA! Go all the Way
If we don't win,
We'll blow your country up today!

Thu Jun 22, 05:32:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

I had a similar chant for when the other team scored a goal, it is a take on an old UVA football chant.

That’s alright.
That’s ok.
We might invade your country someday.

Thu Jun 22, 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home