Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

USA vs. Ghana



Tomorrow is the big day; will Team USA defeat Ghana and move on to the second round? Will Team USA score a goal? The U.S. team lost to the Czech Republic 3-0 in the first game and Ghana beat the Czech Republic 2-0 in their second games.
Find out tomorrow starting at 9:55 a.m. EST. I am going to be up and planted in front of the TV with the surround sound on and ready to go.

Go USA! Its 3 stripes against 13 and 1 star against 50.

4 Comments:

Blogger quakerdave said...

Ghana has speed, while the US defenders don't. Two of Ghana's best scorers are out, along with two of our better players.

If our guys can score two in the first half, they can win. Johnson has to start. Period. And Donovan has to have the game of his life. If not, I think they'll be coming home early.

Wed Jun 21, 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

The damn refs again, that was a terrible call against Gooch. But, it was nice to see Beasely do something but Donovan is still useless out there. Halftime 2-1 Ghana.

Thu Jun 22, 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOrry to see the US lost, but I have to admit, I am more interested in Soccer than I've ever been before. I'll keep watching the World Cup, sometimes it can be more fun,for me at least, when I don't worry about the outcome and just enjoy the game for what it is. Great job keeping us up to date on this Publius.

Thu Jun 22, 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I think I am going to have to do some research now on which team has the best looking women in the stands; it might be Germany or Brazil.
I think technically I can cheer for England being 1/8th English, but it seems to go against my Northern Ireland Irish Catholic side too much.

Thu Jun 22, 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home