Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Friday, June 30, 2006

Mein Fatherland




Germany defeated Argentina 4-2 in a shootout after a 1-1 draw, and Italy’s 3-0 victory over Ukraine sets up a Germany – Italy semifinal match to see who plays for it all.

Both Italy and Germany have seen a resurgence in national pride that will only benefit both countries and the European Union to deal with many long-standing feelings of guilt as a result of two World Wars. A strong and nationalistic Germany is good for the US and the World. And a possible Germany vs. England/France match-up could make this all the better.

2 Comments:

Blogger quakerdave said...

With England going down in flames just now, here's hoping that 1) France can somehow upset Brazil, and/or 2) the Germans can stomp the stuffing from the Italian National Diving Team.

Or else I'll probably skip the Final.

Sat Jul 01, 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I was very disappointed with how England took a dive, but I am so glad that France won even though the winning goal was scored by that….

Sat Jul 01, 05:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home