Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lou Dobbs


If you don’t want Lou Dobbs, I highly recommend you start; he is on at 6:00 EST on CNN.

On tonight’s program, Lou talked again about illegal immigration and this time gave more details about the 1986 Amnesty Bill which is similar to the one the Senate has passed.

The 1986 Amnesty Bill was intended to grant citizenship to 500,000 illegal immigrants, but because of document fraud, the fact the government had no idea how many illegals were here, and bureaucratic incompetence, 2.5 million illegal immigrants were granted amnesty and citizenship. The current Senate bill will supposedly grant amnesty to 10 million illegal immigrants; using history as point of view, that number will be much higher and as the Heritage Foundation reported, that number will be at least 66 million over the nest 20 years.

Second, the 1986 Amnesty Bill also granted green cards to what would become 3 of the 19 September 11th Hijackers. One of whom applied for citizenship as a farm worker. Not all those who will be granted amnesty under the Senate bill are from Mexico or even Spanish-speaking countries, hundreds or thousands or more will be from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The Senate could very well be granting amnesty to more terrorists who will legally walk among us with the same rights as any other citizen while they plot to kill more of us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Truth-Pain said...

I've been on the Lou Dobbs bandwagon since he came back to CNN. I love the show. I think he articulates the points well (and to be honest, I dont think he of a particular conservative mindset). Every time I see him debate, he does so with care, courtesy,...
I have been listening to talk radio as to the 1986 fiasco.. -nd make no mistake, we got HOSED on that deal-, Anyway, everything I read from google searches of articles of yore is in agreement that the Senate language is in near mimic with the then-passed legistalition. We are getting the shaft once more, Publius,.. albeit with less lubrication this time.

Wed Jun 07, 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

I am only trying to get the message out there; we need more people to understand how despicable this legislation is and how much it will hurt America.

Wed Jun 07, 12:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Alec said...

I suggest you consult the American Enterprise Institute or RAND for a moderate or conservative analysis of the immigration reform; the Heritage Foundation is, well, usually BS. My economics professors thought those guys were crazy, and they were by no means tax and spend liberals.

And Lou Dobbs...well...the first few times I watched him, I enjoyed the show but...he's definitely a two issue man.

Wed Jun 07, 03:08:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

As a graduate student in social sciences, I read the immigration report by Rector and the Heritage Foundation which did the projections for increases in immigration numbers due to S. 2611, and I found no fault with their methods, but and as I have reported, their sample was wrong. To make the 66 million additional citizens projection from immigration alone, they used a low estimate of only 10 million illegal immigrants in this country right now. They used the Senate’s estimate of only 8 million and the media’s estimate of 13 million as reference points. The 66 million number will go up even more if the 10 million estimate was low which I think almost everyone believes it is.

Wed Jun 07, 10:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home