Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Monday, June 05, 2006

HR 4437 or S. 2611

Which of these two bills do you support?
This is not about which you think can get passed, but which of the two do you favor? And if you choose neither you can’t just argue against these two bills you have to come up with your own solution. If you need to learn more about both bills, even though I think I have already discussed them plenty here, go to www.govtrack.us

4 Comments:

Blogger deb50 said...

HR 4437.

Tue Jun 06, 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

There you go Deb, good to hear people on the side of America.

Tue Jun 06, 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Truth-Pain said...

I've read both,.. fully for a change... I still cant get my head wrapped on how the two bodies can be so out of sync,... although when you think of each Senator thining of state-wide voter implications vs. a Congressman's more defined district,.. it is obvious that the House knows the pulse back home,... the Senate is just playing both sides of the issue.
HR4437 by a mile...

Tue Jun 06, 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Here is another thing, according to govtrack.us the House bill will cost taxpayers $7.00 a year over the first four years and the bulk of this goes to pay for a wall, whereas S. 2611 will cost taxpayers $45.00 each over the first four years alone in entitlements and a wall less than half what the house calls for, Senator Inhofe said that it will cost an additional 50 billion a year after 11 years. So think of it this way, with half the wall comes half the price, so you personally will be paying $41.50 a year over the next 4 years in entitlements to illegal immigrants under S. 2611.

Wed Jun 07, 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home