Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Where are the women’s groups protesting for Women’s rights in Iran?

The Washington Post reported today that women in Iran “will be barred from attending soccer games…President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had ruled in April that he would allow women to go to soccer games and sit in a separate section of the stands…But Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei – who under the Islamic republic’s constitution has the final say – opposed the move” (May 9, 2006).
The United States government obviously wants change in Iran and they don’t want them to have a nuclear bomb, so why not get NOW or some other women’s group to go to Iran and start a women’s movement? One half of the population lives like second class citizens, imagine the possibilities if they said, “No more.” Would it bring about freedom and utopia? No, but in any country where women are that oppressed even a hint of freedom can be the beginnings of a snowball.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conservative Soup said...

one of my favorite things to point out is the hypocrisy that exists with the Left. Your point is a great one...

Will

Mon May 15, 08:47:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I believe hypocrisy exists on both sides of the isle but that there is more on the Left side. At this point I am becoming quite disenchanted with both sides and believe me that does not put me in the middle either.

Tue May 16, 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home