Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Shaquille O'Neal

This week Shaquille O'Neal’s wife gave birth to their sixth child. Now, I am happy that if someone is going to have this many kids, they can afford them, but does this man really need to have six kids? Now, I don’t know how big his wife is, but in my family the son is always taller than the father. Do we really need six of this man’s kids roaming the streets? I like Shaq, I find him quite amusing and I think he is a freak of nature on the basketball court, although his rapping and acting leave a lot of be desired. But, there is a finite amount of food in this world and this man’s family alone is going to consume a huge portion of it. The man is seven foot one and weighs between 320 and 360 pounds, imagine the damage this family will do at a buffet. Imagine the size of the cars needed to haul his family around on a road trip and the amount of gasoline it will take to fuel such a monster car; I don’t think the car runs on Shaqdiesel either.

Of course this was a post mostly in jest, but I figured we could all use some levity.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's trying to create a super basketball team, all of whom will dominate down low, but, sadly, will not be able to hit a free throw to save their lives. Kobe's kids will eventually join the team, to offest foul trouble, and refuse to pass to the O'Neal players. I think the NBA will welcome the Daytona Diesels with open arms.

Wed May 03, 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Mike G. said...

Publius-
You're a paragon of White Wing virtue.

Wed May 03, 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

Anon, now that was funny. Although, I think Shaq has always said he can’t shoot free throws because he broke both of his wrists when he was younger and that somehow prevents him from putting a round ball in a round hole about 10 feet away that is about eye level to him.
But, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Kobe’s kids wouldn’t break Shaq’s kid’s wrists too to guarantee that poor free throwing continues and thus more news coverage and rich guy bickering.

Wed May 03, 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Mike, thanks for the compliment. Tell your friends all about it.

Wed May 03, 02:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home