Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Random Quote

“Soldiers on the border? That won’t stop me. I’ll swim the river and jump the wall. I’m going to arrive in the United States.”

-Antonio Auriel, Honduran migrant, on the Bush Administration’s plan to send National Guard troops to patrol the U.S.-Mexico border (Time, May 39, 2006).

6 Comments:

Blogger Truth-Pain said...

....ever get the feeling that the USA is the "giant sucking sound" Perot was talking about?.....

Wed May 31, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Yes, these illegal invaders are very determined. We need to be just as determined to protect our national sovereignty, especially at the border.

Wed May 31, 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

Always, so would you say we need to “protect and defend” that border?

Wed May 31, 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Truth-Pain said...

I keep going back and forth on the fence thing... but not on the principle itself. I think I have an emotional knee-jerk-ism's at the imagery of walls.
But WE (the Country) are now the "vacuum" that is sucking up every destituted person south of the Rio Grande....
My next post is going to be "Ok, so I changed my mind, not i DO want a wall...."

Wed May 31, 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Truth-Pain said...

spelling error,...i meant to say "now I DO want a wall...."

Wed May 31, 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Truth, glad you have seen the light on this. But, don’t forget with S. 2611, we have to ask the Mexican government’s permission before we put up any walls.

Thu Jun 01, 07:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home