Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I almost forgot all about this

If I have a forged identification card or a forged Social Security Card it is a felony. But, remember the Senate was not going to grant amnesty to those who have committed a felony. Well as it turns out that was not true, because they will grant amnesty to those who do have a forged identification card or a forged Social Security card.
They aren’t even trying to hide the fact that they are granting amnesty at this point and now they are willing to forgive people for entering the country illegally and for forging government documents? And let’s not forget that they have also been working and not paying taxes on those wages.
How many people did Al Capone kill and how many laws did he break? If he were alive today he would have never gone to jail if he just said, “I am an illegal immigrant.” I am sure Teddy Kennedy would have forgiven him too.

2 Comments:

Blogger betmo said...

to reiterate, i guess, from my previous post- i think this whole immigration legislation is a farce. the repubs want to look 'humane' and 'caring' to their potential voters and the dems want to look 'humane' and 'caring' to their potential voters. let's go out on a limb here folks and actually think about a solution. we have hundreds of men and women in the american congress- both houses- and this is the best that we can do?

Thu May 25, 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

The problem is that this is not the best we can do, at least in the Senate, remember the House passed a good bill back in December. I think of it like this, if it makes the illegals unhappy it is probably good for this country, if it makes the illegals happy then Teddy Kennedy or Bush want it too and it is bad for this country.

Thu May 25, 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home