Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Brilliant Idea – Send a Brick

There is a group right now that has come up with a brilliant idea, Send a Brick. According to their website, http://www.send-a-brick.com/
“The Send-A-Brick Project was created by concerned citizens to send bricks to Washington encouraging our Congressmen to stand tough on border security.
Each brick sends a message to our Senators and Representatives that we want our borders secured before any other action is taken on illegal immigration.”
You all scoffed when I mentioned that the Minuteman Project was proposing building a wall on private lands with private funds, do you mock this idea as well? I just can’t understand how any rational person can not see the crisis in front of us and not want to do everything they can to stop this tremendous problem we as a nation are facing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, bricks will stop them. I'm going to start the "Huck-A-Brick" movement, where we just go out and huck bricks at stuff that we disagree with. Although, I don't know if hucking a brick at your blog is such a great idea. Then I'd need a new computer everyday. Perhaps I should just do Bric-a-Brac and collect a bunch of cool stuff.

Mon May 08, 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Actually their idea is quite good because it is very visual. What do you think has a greater impact a letter a staff assistant to a Congressman reads or sending them a brick with a letter? Why do you think people protest in the streets, it’s because of the visual it provides. This is the same concept although it does not require taking a day off from work or for the police department to spend limited resources on man hours to patrol a large demonstration. It is effective and cost effective. I like the idea and mine is on the way.

Mon May 08, 04:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home