Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Odd Product Endorsement

I was sitting back today going over my email with a nice cold can of Vintage Lemon-Lime Seltzer water when I noticed a mysterious label on the side of the can in a white circle. Inside the circle it said, “KOSHER FOR PASSOVER, Rabbi J.M. Ralbag, Orthodox Rabbinate.”
Now, I don’t know a lot about Jewish Law, but can water not be Kosher? I mean there are only 2 ingredients: Carbonated Water and Natural Flavor. Was my water blessed or is it more pure than other water? Can anyone explain this to me? And does anyone else think this seems just a little odd?

7 Comments:

Blogger Oncorhynchus Mykiss said...

Doesn't Kosher just mean blessed by a rabbi?

Wed Apr 19, 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to jewfaq.com, they have the whole deal on what is/isn't Kosher. I thought it was just blessed by a Rabbi as well, but it's actually quite a bit more involved than that. Very interesting. Thanks Publius, I learned something cool today.

Wed Apr 19, 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

Anonymous, I’m like Bill O’Reilly; I’m looking out for you. But, I will say that now I am going to have to look at every can of soda, bottle of water, box of food, and every other type of food I eat to find out if it is Kosher too. I think it’s kind of cool; I have not had my food blessed since our Priest would come over and have dinner with the family.

Wed Apr 19, 02:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH jeez, don't say you're like Bill O'Reilly...ever. He's just awful.

Thu Apr 20, 05:24:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

What say You, Anonymous? I hope to someday step into the large shoes currently occupied by Mr. Bill O’Reilly.

Thu Apr 20, 02:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Spotz said...

Oh man, aim higher pube.

Tue Apr 25, 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

Spotz, perhaps you would like me to aim higher to such pillars of the community as Bill Clinton? Howard Dean? Howard Stern? Charlie Sheen?
No, I think I will stick with Bill O’Reilly. He fights for Megan’s Law, fights against gouging by the oil companies, is against illegal immigration, is for the working poor, and is very successful. I think I will stick with my choice.

Tue Apr 25, 08:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home