Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Friday, March 24, 2006

NCAA Rant

If we all wrote in to CBS, do you think they would tell the announcers for the NCAA tournament games to quit treating the telecasts like tryouts for SportsCenter? I was watching the George Mason v. Wichita State game tonight, and I am not sure but at least one player on each team at all times was required to have the nickname “Big Fella.” I was just trying to watch a college basketball game, not to find out if the point guard on a fast break "Could go all the way……"
-Publius

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, we're in a broadcasting era where many announcers would have you believe that the game is actually about them. Most games are called, at least it seems, with the hopes that when the highlights air, they'll leave the audio in , so they can have even more airtime. These guys prepare a bunch of one liners for certain events in each game, and then read from their prepared list of statements and try to make it sound spontaneous. Just awful. Call the game, let the game be the story, and tell that story. I'd like to add that Billy Packer is a jackass.

Mon Mar 27, 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I miss Dennis Miller. At least he was not a SportsCenter reject.

Mon Mar 27, 05:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home