Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Saturday, March 18, 2006

French Protests

I am a little nervous about the rioting going on in France right now. French men and women in their 20s are taking to the streets to protest new labor laws that would allow young French people to be fired without probable cause in an effort by the government to shake up their stagnant economy. But, what happens if this breaks out into an all out civil war in France; if the French starting fighting against themselves they won’t know who to surrender to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, i am still sure theyll surrender to us

Sun Mar 19, 01:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad sad sad. Can't you be more creative than cheap French surrender jokes?

Mon Mar 20, 05:38:00 AM  
Blogger Publius said...

When does the truth have to be creative? Can’t the truth just be the truth?

Mon Mar 20, 01:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just expected a little more from you than that. Now I'll be uncreative...go eat a plate of freedom fries and hush up.

Mon Mar 20, 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Publius said...

I will say I have never been to France; I had the opportunity to go last year but decided against it. I don’t know if the French really don’t like Americans or if it is an unfair stereotype, but I do know that it has been more then 200 years since the last time the French supported the U.S. in anything. Was it a cheap shot at the French? Maybe. But, you show me someone who loves France and I will show you a Frenchmen, or a German looking for more parking spaces, if you know what I mean.

Mon Mar 20, 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home