Protect and Defend

Welcome to my blog, Protect and Defend. You don’t have to understand me. You only have to agree with me. I can live with losing the good fight, but I can not live with not fighting that good fight at all. - Publius

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Daily Rant

The Washington Post today reported on the latest findings by the Pew Hispanic Center on illegal immigration (March 8, 2005). The Pew Hispanic Center reports that an estimated 400,000 more illegal immigrants successfully entered this country last year raising the total number of illegal immigrants to between 11.5 million and 12 million. The Pew Hispanic Center also reported that illegal immigrants now make up almost 5% of the U.S. workforce which includes 24% of all farming jobs, 17% of all cleaning jobs, 14% of all construction jobs, and 12% of all food preparation jobs. More important in the study was that among men not authorized to work in the U.S., 94% had jobs compared to 83% of all native-born American men.
How is it that 94% of illegal immigrant males are working in this country? Isn’t it illegal to hire them? And what is the other 6% doing? Could this other 6% make up the gangs that are starting to run rampant in areas like Los Angeles and the D.C. Metro area? Or does this mean that the government is only doing its job of preventing illegal immigrants from working 6% of the time? Either way, this is a complete failure on the government’s part of preventing illegal activities from occurring right here in our own country. How can they protect us from terrorism when they can’t even protect our border or our economy?
-Publius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home